Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long Day

*Sigh* Today is going to be an exceedingly, distressingly long day. I have 6 individual cakes to bake (two 12" rounds, two 10" rounds, and two 8" rounds) .. plus butter cream to make for filling dam and crumb coat. I have pounds of fondant to color and roses to make. I have a blanket to sew. I have to run to Michael's to get some last minute supplies. And I have a 2 yr. old Testosterone Tornado who is determined that I not do any of it. I feel so ... old, ineffective, fat, incapable ... my mind simply wants to shut down and give up, truly it does. My house is such a cluttered mess right now and it just keeps getting worse. I have two able-bodied teenagers who won't lift a finger unless they are yelled at and specifically monitored step by step by step. I can't have anyone over, it's so bad right now. My carpet is destroyed. My spirit is downtrodden. I feel my hope slipping away.

Maybe a nap will help.

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey! What a day! I'd make those teens get their butts in gear & help! *hugs* I can relate, though. I'm SOOO sick, and no one to help me, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really rough, but you are strong, and you are awesome, and you will get through this also. I love you sis, and I can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,

    WY here. Glad you invited me to your new blog. I've relocated to Brisbane, Australia. Been here for more than a month already. Life is slowly settling into routine. I still haven't found a job yet. Hubby's working and kids are at school, so sometimes I feel down like you. I always tell myself to look at the positive side and things WILL get better. {{{Hugs}}} :-)

    ReplyDelete