
Ok ... I need to spend some time and figure out how to make my blog interesting. Photos, widgets, backgrounds, etc... The only other blog sites I have used were pretty user friendly and walked you through everything (Yahoo 360 and Multiply). I have no idea what I'm doing here, lol.
Well, the cakes I mentioned in the past couple of blogs are finished, delivered, eaten, done. The sheet cake turned out lovely, after a re-bake due to a torting product completely demolishing the first cake.
The 3-tiered graduation cake? Oh boy ... that one had me in tears on several occasions, gave me a panic attack ... fits of anxiety, worry, did I say PANIC??? and had me renouncing, more than once, cake decorating as a hobby or business forever! I was up all night for this cake .. had to re-bake one of the large cakes, the fondant was difficult to work with and ripped .... I was running out of time and had to rush the painting with the gold pearl dust. We finally arrived at SIL's house only to discover that she had asked another family member to make a traditional sheet cake and people were already eating and digging into cake. ARGH! Then, I asked the graduate (hubby's niece) for the roses and she handed me two large flowers that, although beautiful, were decidedly NOT roses!
The inspiration cake was covered in red roses cascading down the cake. I had counted on those roses to cover a few major fondant flaws!! Using the theater mask and the two flowers, I was able to cover up the major flaws. It looks like the top tier is leaning way to the right, but it really wasn't, I promise! --------------->
Needless to say, I was SO happy to A) be finished with this cake and B) to disassemble it and cut it for the guests, *grin* Everyone who ate it said it was wonderful, though, so that felt really good. SIL told me Monday that by the time the open house was over, there wasn't much of the cake left (even with the sheet cake and many different types of desserts available). YAY!
Now ... my next task is to make a small cake for the hubster's birthday, which happens to be on Sunday. Think, think, think...
Then there is the 3-tier topsy turvy cake I showed in a previous blog - that one is due June 26th.
All right, I suppose that is enough babble for now. One day soon I will post a serious blog ... been feeling down lately and really just need to get it all out ...
Take care of you and TOODLES!
kanga
P.S. PLEASE check out my trivia game ... it's posted in my links!







Hey there girl! Your cakes are gorgeous! I told Evan, maybe we should be calling YOU when he graduates from high school! :)
ReplyDeleteHey, if you're looking for cute backgrounds for your blog, I use this site and it has alot of fun backgrounds:
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
It's pretty easy to understand and user-friendly! Hugs!
Hi followed you from SITS, love you cakes, they look great.
ReplyDeleteAmazing cakes! And nice blog!
ReplyDeleteI noticed you were new on SITS! I joined a month or so ago, too. Everyone has been really supportive there.
I am following and will continue to check in! Stop by my blog if you'd like!
Christy
don't forget that you have a wedding cake to make sooner or later, as soon as they decide on when they are going to get married.
ReplyDelete